Foodie & The Beast: No Waste Here, October 17, 2021
On the last Foodie & The Beast, David and Nycci chatted with a group of guests that are bringing back some old favorites and launching new concepts that will be favorites soon:
- Nothing to be afraid of at any of the area Central Farm Markets. Mitch Berliner has all the gourd-y details.
- The annual (except for last year!) Shuck It Festival is back October 23 at Tony & Joe’s. Local is the theme featuring wine, beer and oysters all from the area. Greg Casten, CEO of Profish and the seafood-centric restaurant group, Fish & Fire Food Group, and his beverage director, Dennis Shea, poured tastes and filled us in on what to expect this year.
- Maryland’s 2019 Chef of the Year, Chef Ashish Alfred – or Chef Al as we call him – has created award-winning restaurants in the Baltimore and DC-metro area under the Alfred Restaurant Group (ARG). You know him for Bethesda’s award-winning Duck, Duck, Goose and soon you’ll know him for others opening this year. (Hint: Get Ready Dupont Circle).
- Ashleigh Ferran is CEO of In Good Company, an innovator in the world of reusable packaging. In Good Company was recently was honored at the Inaugural, National Reuse Awards (aka The Reusies) celebrating a world without waste.So much happening in the reusable movement.
- Hell’s Kitchen Finalist, Chef Declan Horgan will be cooking it all up when the 350+ seat Jack’s Ranch Opens in Tysons Corner in a few short weeks